Top 10 Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
I am one of those (dare I say it…basic?) girls obsessed with fall. My favorite holiday (Halloween) is in the fall. My birthday is in the fall. It gets cold in the fall. The leaves change color, apple cider is everywhere…..you get the picture. Basically, I love fall.
Another plus about fall is, when it gets cold, you can cuddle up inside and watch movies. So, when the seasons start to change, these are the movies that I reach for.
- The Harry Potter series. I mean, when it is a bad time to watch Harry Potter! But they (for the most part) take place in a school, they start in late summer, most of the movies came out in the fall….you see where I’m going with this.
- Remember the Titans. It’s my all time favorite football movie. It just brings to life that feeling that can only be found at a high school football game. Plus, it has a great soundtrack.
- Hocus Pocus. Ultimate Halloween Movie. A modern classic. Nuff said.
- The Village. This is a giant love letter to fall colors – so vivid. It’s also atmospheric and creepy. This is one of those movies that is best the first time you watch it. Also, Bryce Dallas Howard is in it and it get massive hair envy every time she’s on-screen.
- The Princess Bride. Not really a “fall” movie but the first time I watched it was on a fall night right before Halloween with other members of my Girl Scout troop when I was in 5th grade. Its whimsical and hilarious and conjures up nostalgic memories of that time and place when I watch it. So it’s a fall movie for me.
- Darkness Falls. In my opinion, this is one of the best worst movies of all time. It’s cheesy and not all that scary and I watch it every fall and still get scared and I don’t even care.
- Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Again, not really a fall movie, but I watched in for the first time in fall and it’s forever connected with that time of year in my mind.
- Dead Poets Society. This is basically the ultimate fall movie. It takes place at a New England prep school with all of the visuals that you would expect – changing leaves, scarves, uniforms, ivy covered buildings – along with being another modern classic.
That’s it for this week! What are some of your favorite fall movies?