Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.
This time we’re talking about books that you read in one sitting.
This is one of those highly touted things – this is so good I couldn’t stop reading, couldn’t put it down. To be completely honest, I’ve only done it a few times. I’ve expanded the list to include books that I read in 24 hours or less – and still couldn’t come up with that many books. Oh well.
Let’s break it down…
- Gone by Michael Grant. I ranked this one first because I am so damn impressed with the fact that I read this whole thing in one sitting. I got home from a Barnes and Noble run, got in bed, and didn’t move until I finished the book. I’m still in shock because that is a LONG book.
- Night by Elie Wiesel. This is one of the COULD NOT STOP variety. Plus its SUPER short. I had to read it for school and set out to read the first chapter. An hour later, I finished the whole thing. Oops.
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling. I set out to read this one in one sitting. My uncle and I sat at our kitchen table armed with iced coffee as soon as I got back from Barnes and Noble at like 1:30 in the morning. I was finished by 7am. Then I had to go to work, but that’s a story for another time.
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling. This one was more of an accident. I couldn’t put it down. I brought the book with me everywhere. To the pool. To the store. To a church festival to get Greek food. But I finished it in about 23 hours and I was proud of myself to be honest.
- First to Die by James Patterson. Another one that I didn’t set out to read in one sitting, but I DESTROYED in a little under 24 hours. It also cured a reading slump that lasted for the better part of two years!
That’s it for me today! Have you read a book in one sitting?