Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.
This time we’re talking about authors we want to meet.
I actually haven’t met that many authors. I think the last one I met was the writer of the Real Kids, Real Adventures book series who came to the reading festival my county holds for upper elementary school kids every year when I was in fifth grade. She pulled me up in front of an auditorium full of 10-12 year olds and I helped her explain that authors aren’t all old, white men.
But my chances to meet authors that I want to meet are few and far between. For some reason, YA authors don’t really come to the Pittsburgh area very often and I have NO IDEA why. I confuses and frustrates me. A lot.
But these are the authors that I would love to meet. And yes, I know a couple of them are deceased but I would still love to meet them.
Let’s break it down:
- J.K. Rowling. Actually Queen. Actually changed my life.
- Ellen Raskin. Another one who changed my life with her book.
- Harper Lee.
- Marissa Meyer. I actually had a chance to meet her but life decided to say HAHAHAHAHA NO in my face THE DAY OF THE SIGNING WHEN I ALREADY HAD TICKETS. No I’m not bitter about this at all. All I want to do is see how she comes up with her stories and thank her for creating Carswell Thorne. Is that much to ask?
- Libba Bray. Pretty sure she’s actually an evil genius and I’ve admired her writing since I was in high school.
- Susan Dennard.
- Victoria Aveyard.
- Diana Gabaldon. I need to tell her I’m related to Jamie!!!
- Maggie Stiefvater.
- Naomi Novik. I found out from her bio that she’s involved with AO3 – Archive Of Our Own – haven for transformative works (aka FANFICTION) and I’m like GURL. You feel me.
And I’d I like to let you all know I resisted the urge to add another addition with a fictional author who’s actually a teenager*cough*HenryMills*cough* with a plea to let me meet his stepfather *cough*KillianJones*coughs*. I’m normal, I swear. Really.
That’s it for me today! Have you met any authors? Do you have a favorite?
See you next time!!!